Location and Status
Basin: Northern Carnarvon Basin, Barrow Sub-basin
Area: 1,344 km2
Water Depth: 0 – 60 metres
Status: Exploration Permit
Finder Energy (30%)
Sapura Exploration and Production (70%, Operator)
- Finder acquired the first 3D seismic in the Permit which led to the identification of the Eagle prospect.
- Finder farmed out 70% equity to Sapura in September 2018 for a carry in the drilling of the Eagle-1 exploration well, currently planned for May 2021.
- Eagle prospect is a low risk 3D defined AVO supported prospect with Triassic Mungaroo Formation sand target.
- Eagle prospect has a gross best estimate prospective resource of 1 TCF and 20 mmbbl of associated condensate with a geological chance of success of 31%.
- Excellent location close to the mainland and suitable infrastructure provides multiple commercial development pathways in success.